At Genuine Property Management, we take pride in our ability to serve our community. That is why we have partnered with a local food bank, Second Harvest.
Second Harvest feeds 250,000 hungry children, seniors and working poor in Orange County each month. We partnered with Second Harvest to help feed over 10,000 people a year! There are always those less fortunate, so choose your cause and share your resources of time, talent, and treasure.
Hunger is a Growing Problem That Everyone Can Help Solve
Many would like to debate about what is wrong in our society, but few can argue that poverty and hunger are things that need to be addressed as soon as possible. Here are some facts that cover this ever-growing issue:
- In Orange County, more than 450,000 people are at risk of going hungry each month
- Those people include children, seniors, the differently-abled, and the homeless population
- Most of those hungry have a job but have to make sacrifices to get by, including skipping meals
- One in six children in our community are at risk of hunger
- In Orange County, nearly half of all public school children rely on reduced or free school lunch programs
- The COVID-19 pandemic has taken away those meals for children, and the ability for many adults to work, with no end in sight
These statistics are alarming, but one of the great things about the USA is when a portion of us are down, the rest of us can pull them back up. If all of us can lend a hand to our neighbor, especially in this time of great need, imagine the world that we could create together.
A Partnership We Can Trust
Second Harvest is an excellent service that has locations across the nation. At Genuine Property Management, we are thrilled to be able to call this wonderful organization a partner in our efforts to help make Orange County a better place for everyone. As an organization, Second Harvest:
- Last year distributed over 42 million pounds of food through their 350 locations across the country
- They help facilitate change through partnerships with community businesses and organizations that are willing to make a difference
- Provides food with nutritional value, to help improve the lives of people who are less fortunate
- Has lowered their own spending so they can contribute more of their donations to the area that really needs it, the unfortunate across the country
We are thrilled to be able to work with a company that cares about the people around them just as much as we do, and we could not be happier to help contribute to their wonderful cause.
Help Join the Fight to End Poverty Today!
As a member of Feeding America, Second Harvest is a trusted and reliable source of nourishment for those who cannot get it on their own for whatever reason. Genuine Property Management has pledged to do our part in the fight against hunger and poverty, not just in Orange County, but across the country and world. If you would like to learn more about this wonderful organization, you can find more information here. When everyone chips in for a cause, it is truly amazing what we can accomplish. Genuine Property Management is humbled to be able to join the fight for this extremely worthy cause.